Voter and Absentee Ballot Informaton
If you have any questions, please contact the District Clerk
Patricia Lewis 516-622-6454 email email@example.com
VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
In order to vote you must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years old or older, and a resident of this school district for at least 30 days before the vote. In addition, a resident must be registered either with the school district or with the Nassau County Board of Elections. If you have not voted in a district or general election in the last four years, or are a new resident and have not registered to vote either with the school district or the Board of Elections, you need to register in advance to be able to vote in the school budget vote and election.
Para votar en una elección escolar, un individuo deber ser: un ciudadano estadounidense; 18 años de edad el día de las elecciones, un residente en el distrito escolar de Carle Place por al menos 30 días antes del día de la elección; y registrado para votar ANTES de la elección.
School district voter registration form
This form entitles you to vote in school district elections only. It must be returned in person to the District Clerk at least 5 days prior to the vote.
Formulario de registro de votantes del distrito escolar
Este formulario le da el derecho a votar sólo en las elecciones del distrito escolar. Dicho formulario debe ser devuelto en persona al Secretario del Distrito por lo menos 5 días antes de la votación.
New York State voter registration formThis form entitles you to vote in all elections. It must be returned by mail or in person to the Nassau County Board of Elections at least 25 days before the election you want to vote in. The county will notify you that you are registered to vote.
Formulario de registro de votantes del estado de Nueva YorkCon este formulario, usted se registra para votar en las elecciones del estado de Nueva York.
For additional information about school district voting, call the District Clerk’s office at 516-622-6454
For additional information about voting in other local or general elections, please call the Nassau County Board of Elections at 516-571-2411.
ABSENTEE BALLOT INFORMATION
Please read the following instructions carefully before downloading and filling out the absentee ballot application.
- Complete the Application for Absentee Ballot, which you can download from the link below.
- Date and SIGN the application form. Applications may not be submitted more than 30 days prior to the election and be submitted by mail or in person to:
Carle Place UFSD, 168 Cherry Lane, Carle Place, NY 11514
- If by mail, application must be received by Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
- If in person, application must be received by Monday, May 16, 2022.
- Applications may not be transmitted electronically because an original signature is required. Upon receipt, your application will be reviewed, pursuant to the provisions of the Education Law, to establish your entitlement to vote by Absentee Ballot. A Ballot will then be issued to you.
PLEASE NOTE . . .
You will NOT be eligible to vote by Absentee Ballot if:
- Your application is incomplete, unsigned or undated,
- You are not a qualified voter of the Carle Place UFSD, or
- You will be unable to vote in person on May 17, 2022 for a reason other than those provided for on the application form.
Absentee Ballot Application
Solicitud de boleta de votación en ausencia
The application is in PDF format and can be read with Acrobat Reader. If you are unable to download the application, you may obtain an application by calling the District Clerk at 516-622-6454 or visiting the Carle Place Business office during regular business hours.