475 Roslyn Avenue
Carle Place, New York 11514
Principal: Mrs. Susan Folkson
General Office: (516) 622-6402
Health Office: (516) 622-6403
Social Worker: (516) 622-6558
Welcome to Cherry Lane School
School Lunch Program Update
For the summer meal programs, click the link above.
Actualización del programa de almuerzo escolar
Para obtener información sobre los programas de comidas de verano, haga clic en el enlace de arriba.
Cherry Lane Mission Statement
Our Cherry Lane mission is to cultivate lifelong learners who are creative, cooperative, collaborative and curious problem solvers in a safe and respectful environment. We instill an attitude that embraces challenges and change with the purpose of increasing effort and learning.
Every student has the capability and the right to learn. Cherry Lane Elementary School exists to provide this opportunity for children in a safe, secure and supportive environment.
The school staff recognizes that the primary goal of education in Cherry Lane School is to meet the educational needs of all our children. Most significantly, the following objectives formulate a philosophical basis for attaining this goal. Our school curriculum is designed to:
1) Develop proficiency with the basic skills;
2) Encourage our children to learn about their own environment and the interrelationships
that exist in a changing world;
3) Assist our children in developing aesthetic sensitivities, talents, and skills;
4) Help our children achieve individual mental and physical health;
5) Instill an appreciation for people of all races, nationalities, and creeds, and to work
cooperatively toward common goals ; and
6) Build an understanding of rights and privileges guaranteed in a form of government and
to assume the individual and group responsibility allied with these rights and privileges.